I am actually really pleased with my final resulting products, particularly the album artwork however this didn't follow the planning in any form. I began to create the designed plans with an image of the main artist Peter, however I couldn't find a good combination and layout, each edit didn't give the professional look I wanted. So I stepped back and started brainstorming about other ideas and plans for album work. I used the theme of the illusion and delusion of the make believe setting of Neverland and thought about creating a similar effect, an image which challenges the scientific, real life perceptions.
Also within the story of Peter Pan there is a scene in which Peter looses his shadow and it becomes detached from him. From these themes created this CD design of the shadow with the lack of the human figure.
I'm really pleased with the final result and have used elements between the ancillary texts to create better synergy- the lined effect on the disc design I have created on the spine of the outer case, this pattern I then copied and rotated to create a frame for the inside booklet. Also I have kept the same text and colour schemes to help make each text relatible to the other through several elements.
Links and differences between ancillary texts a video
However I do find there is a lack of similarity and synergy between the music video and the digipak and advert. Although I noticed that many other artists do this, typically the CD won't reflect images and strong relations with one song, unless it is a single and not an album. Seen as I have created this CD as an album I didn't want to have a very heavy Neverland theme through setting, however as I have analysed there are subtle themes shared with the story (shadow) also the performance scene have several shot which have very focused blue lighting which helps to link to these design without being too overpowering.
Links and differences between magazine advert and ancillary text
As planned I have used the same image for the magazine advert as the CD front cover, this clearly shows the representation the advert is for the album. Also to emphasise this I have used the same font throughout all the text on both. There aren't really any differences between the two other than obvious elements suitable for an advert- release date, featured songs etc. However this is to how I planned and personally don't see this as a negative.
Links and differences between magazine advert and video
Likewise with the CD cover the links between the magazine advert and the music video stems around the themes of reality, well in this case the concept of what is reality and showcasing the more fake and artificial themes. The "figureless" shadow is a seemingly impossible element, this links to the impossibly idea of wanting to stay young forever and the world of Neverland.
On the other hand there are elements of these products which show differences between the two. The setting and location for example, the music video is very much focused in natural settings and show a lot of outdoor settings in feilds, woods, parks etc; while the image on the advert and ancillary texts is taken outside it is in a very urban location contrasting the Neverland scenes and bring the album to a more realistic setting.
Developing this theme, the idea of a very realistic background of the concrete, urban background with the seemingly unrealistic artificial component of the shadow creates a very contrasting image and takes this two elements ago form together and create a piece which challenges the perception of what is reality. Also this gives a very everyday setting of the urban environment a very alienated view.


No comments:
Post a Comment