Monday, 6 January 2014

Audience feedback: Digipak

Letitia:

·      The digipak looks very professional. All of the relevant information is included. I also like how the same pattern is used throughout the album.

·      The terms and conditions on the back of the digipak is in white and is hard to see against the background. Also, a picture of the artist could have been included on the front.

Florence:

·      It looks very professional and works well with the advert, a lot of consistency

·      However I wouldn't necessarily say it’s reflective of the genre and fits more of an electro-dance genre. So it could be more linked to your video.

Becky:

·      I felt the digipak was very good and helped to reflect the genre very well with its use of colour and font type. I particularly felt drawn to the title graphics which I felt made the album stand out which would attract the target audience.

·      all three components of the text work well with each other and help to reinforce the targeted genre, as a slights addition I felt the delusion text could have had more components integrated into it yet its simplicity can be an advantage

·       The colours on the cd disc design could be a deeper blue to match better with the other products.

Ollie:

·      The level of detail is great, it makes the pieces look a lot more professional. Also the use of colour really compliments the photo and give it a better finished look.

·      The only negative I found was the inside booklet, while it did link well with the other pieces, it was very plain in comparison  

James:

·            I really like the shattered glass titles, it is very detailed and looks very professional.

·           The links between the song and the album cover are really good, subtle hints between them give them elements they relate to each other through but no too focused that the other songs feel out of place.

·           Maybe the CD disc could have been a different shade or colour, it seems quite dark in comparison to the cover and booklet.

Oli:

·      I really like this design it is very unique and eye catching, this would also essentially be very recognisable with the band because it is so memorable and original.

·      they really link well between each other, especially through the use of colour and patterns.

·      the layout of the track list maybe be better if it was to the left not central.


What links can you see between the music video and ancillary texts and how does this affect the overall view?

Letitia: I don’t know if this is right but I found the music video to be focus around the whole concept of dreams and reality and the links and confusion between them, the cover links to this through the element of the shadow without the body, it is a very non reality image. I think this is really cleaver.

Florence: I don’t really see many links to be honest, the video is very much natural settings whereas the cd is a very urban based. I still really like the case and I don’t find that it needs to be strongly linked to the one song as there are 14 songs it has to represent.

Becky: the cover clearly has a very unrealistic element to it, this links to the Neverland setting and make belief world/elements.

Ollie: personally i could really find any real links between the two, however i still really like the design just as much and feel this doesn't matter.

James: there aren't many links between them i have noticed, the setting is different, the artist isn't present, these texts have one focus colour whereas the video is very colourful. However this doesn't effect the amount of which i like it, i think the design is great and matches the genre and work well for the artist- plus there are many other songs with themes of their own on the album anyway.

Oli: Honestly i couldn't really find any visual links between the two through like settings and characters but i do really like the cover anyway i think it looks great.


Do you think it matches the Alternative rock genre and how so?

Letitiayes it has a very simple design and isn't too crowded and doesn't use too many colours this is very conventional of alternative styled genres.

Florence: not really I feel it would be better in a more electro dance music genre, especially because of the blue colours used. 

Becky: yeah, I really like the colour scheme. Also text is often seen to be very dark, typically black whereas the titles is in white and very focused on using very light text, adds to the alternative feel.

Ollie: yes, the simplistic view matches the alternative elements well and the colours look great, the focus of having one key colours adds to the simplistic element too.

James: the non human focused photography is typical of the alternative and indie genres this creates links with this sub genre.

Oli: yes, the colour scheme really helps with this and matches the genre well.

Is there anything you would change about the ancillary texts? (Please state)

Letitia: change the colour of the terms  and conditions on the back cover as it's hard to read.

Florence: link the visuals to at least one of the settings of the music video so it clearly links.

Becky: you could have used an image of the band/artist to help make the product more recognisable with the band.

Ollie: you could of made the inside booklet more complicated, it seems very plain.

Jamesmaybe you could change the colour of the disc as it is very dark in comparison to the other elements

Oli: i would have had the track lists down the left hand side of the cover rather than having the text central.


No comments:

Post a Comment