Letitia:
·
I like how the shots are edited together. There is one part of the video when
they’re in the elephant grass and two shots of the girl character are
superimposed onto each other so that it looks like one shot. I thought it was
very well edited.
·
The narrative part of the video is really good. I really like the story behind
it and it links well with the lyrics. The way that you think that she’s
dreaming until she finds the necklace in her pocket I think is really clever.
·
The performance side of the video looks very professional – the way that the
band is set up looks very good. Furthermore, the shots are conventional of the
soft-rock genre.
·
There are a couple of shots within the video that are a little bit dark –
mostly in the performance. This makes it hard to see what is in the shot, and
identify whether it is the narrative or performance.
Florence:
·
Good, I like the way you have a lot of different settings in your video: the
paint, balloons, band etc…
·
it’s very colourful and fits the pop like genre
· There are parts where the characters in the
narrative mouth the words, this works really well and links it together nicely.
·
The only criticism I can think of would be that some of the things the couple
does together aren’t necessarily things a normal couple would do. However it
does link to Neverland and the idea of being young.
Becky:
Good editing between the performance and narrative scenes they flow well.
· You have used a good range of camera shots and techniques.
· Could of had more of the other backing members throughout the performance shots.
Ollie:
· I like the shots you have used they’re
very creative and different. This gives a more unique element to the video.
· Good use of setting, particularly the
elephant grass, it’s really different and looks great in scene.
· The lighting in some of the shots could be
better – the park scenes it is hard to make out part of her face in the
sunlight.
James:
· I
find the video fits the lyrics really well, the narrative based scenes really
tell the story behind the song.
· There
is a good level of detail hidden in the music video, the links between the film
Peter Pan give it a nice twist.
· You
have used the scenes and settings well, it could have been just disjointed with
so many settings but they all seem to work and fit each other. Gives a good
variation of shots.
·
However some of the shots did slightly feel disjointed and random within
the Neverland scenes.
Oli:
· The actors used are a good age they suit the song
and can relate to the themes within the lyrics, the performance shots do
actually look like it could be him singing.
· I really like the
end shot where it shows him singing and gives direct look at the camera, I’m
not sure why I like it so much just this it is very effective.
· the
only part I can think I didn’t like was when the girl sings part of the lyrics
about half way through, she doesn't’t sing before or after this only the one time
which didn’t really make sense. Also this scene was a lot brighter
than the previous shots and looks slightly out of place
Letitia: I think the storyline behind the
video is based around the idea of wanting to run away from the responsibilities;
however there is a moment which shows Wendy alone and creates the dream like unreal
sense to the previous settings until she finds the necklace and realised it was
real and reunites with Peter.
Florence: i'm gathering it's based of the story of Peter Pan, the characters want to run away and live in neverland. the video shows the link between these ideals and reality and how possible/impossible this it, and to what levels these themes can be shared in the real world.
Becky: the story is about not wanting to grow up and have to make life decisions and responsibilities, the ideological idea of being about to stay a kid forever and not have to deal with these problems and decisions is key to the story. The two of them run away and are shown in this Neverland childhood environment, however Wendy appears to wake up and be dreaming the whole thing until she finds a necklace Peter gave her and she goes to find him realising they can have the Neverland elements and be happy but on the real world.
Ollie: while I did enjoy the video without
listening to the lyrics I could have been seen that the story was a telling of
a previous relationship. The start shows the girl looking back over her
relationship and has like flashback memories of times with the guy, at the end
it shows her finding a necklace he gave her and she realises she wants to be
with him hence why they are together at the end.
James: I initially thought the video was about the couple spending their last few day with each other before going their separate ways to university/job. The girl is clearly very sad about this so they figuratively run away for there last days and take no care in the real world for a while. It ends with their final goodbye.
Oli: it clearly a love story between the male and female character, he is madly in love with her and wants to do all he can to make her happy.
Letitia: overall I think it does, although rock video typically have a jump cut focus editing the alternative style of videos are often a lot softer. The performance scenes show the rock elements while the fade transitions link in the softer conventions.
Florence: yes the bright and colourful scenes help ling to the softer popish style of rock genre.
Becky: yeah the performace scenes are very typical of this genre.
Ollie: i think it could have more rock elements through darker scenes and less pop theme, however the sub genre of rock it is does still fit the video.
James: yeah it follows the conventions well,
it has the performance parts to reflect the rock elements but has the more colourful
shots to like to the softer alternative/pop elements of the genre.
Oli: Yes i reallylike the video the transitions are soft but the sharpness of the performance staged setting is this present.
Is there anything you would change about the video? (Please
state)
Letitia: maybe the lighting could be better
for some of the performance scene shots, it would be clearer and easier to see
the characters.
Florence: maybe use some more everyday activity shots to help link in the connection with the real world.
Becky: the background behind the performance set up could have been better, the black back drop only cover directly behind the artists, it may have looked better around the side so this backdrop effect with visible in side angles as well.
Ollie: maybe have different lighting in some of the scenes to make all the shots clearer- park scene is very bright in some shots.
James: Some shots I found out of place, and I
didn’t like the shot of her holding the yellow balloons to his face, it blocked
him too much and didn’t feel like it gave much to the story.
Oli: maybe have a clearly link between the scene where the girl finds the necklace and runs to find the guy at the end, it felt a bit disjointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment