I gained positive and negative comments from each person about these products initially then asked each 3 set questions about select areas of the product to gain a range of open ended answer and more direct answers I knew would be relevant for analysing.
The 6 people I asked consisted of:
Letitia - aged 17
Florence - aged 17
Becky - ages 18
Ollie - aged 16
James - aged 19
Oli - aged 18
This gave a range of opinion from different ages within the target group and gave the opinions from both genders so I could see how effective it was to each group.
From the results of this feedback I found that as a whole the results I got were very positive. Overall everyone I asked had lots of positive things to say about each individual product.
Result summary:
From the results of this feedback I found that as a whole the results I got were very positive. Overall everyone I asked had lots of positive things to say about each individual product.
Result summary:
- all of the 6 I asked agreed that the music video matched the genre
- 5/6 agreed the ancillary text and magazine advert matched the genre
- 4/6 captured the main concepts of the music video storyline (the 2 who didn't were both male who are not the primary targeted gender anyway)
- All 6 agreed there weren't many visual links between the ancillary text and video however agreed they still really liked them, plus 2 of these 6 found links between the two on very diverse subtle levels.
What I did find most interesting about the result were the misinterpretation of the music video, I know this is very common, everyone has a unique opinion on things. Personally I found the outcome represented the story rather well however after the pre, post and production stages i understand that i have a very bias view on the products. Although i was reassuring that each of the female target audience i received feedback from picked up on at least some of the key themes and storyline behind the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment